Heartland is committed to protecting your privacy and security. Security procedures are continually updated and improved. This on-line privacy statement is intended to inform you of the ways this website collects information, the uses of this information and the way this information is protected.Sample Description
It is Heartland’s policy to collect the least amount of personally identifiable information required to complete a business transaction. In some sections of our site, we ask for general contact information such as name, address, phone, email address and some other pertinent information. From time to time, we ask for other information, for example when submitting an admission application or paying tuition.
You agree that we may collect and use Personal Information from you and about you for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you, including responding to your questions or inquiries in relation to the products and services that we provide through the website, and through our social media channels.
- To understand your needs to market and remarket products and services to you.
- To analyze the suitability of our products and services for you.
- To determine your eligibility for our products and services, including to verify your Personal Information through communicating with any references provided by you.
- To develop, manage and offer products and services that meet your needs.
- To provide you with ongoing service.
- To manage and assess our risks, operations, and relationship with you.
- To meet our legal and regulatory requirements.
- To facilitate the processing of payments.
Heartland does not share personally identifiable information with third parties for their use unless we are required by law to do so. We sometimes provide information to a service provider for the purpose of sending mail or email for a school sponsored or related activity. The third-party service providers are strictly prohibited from using your information other than to act on Heartland ‘s behalf.
Heartland will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information collected by using industry standard physical, electronic, and procedural security measures. We restrict access to personal data to employees who are required to view this information as part of their job responsibilities.
Unless you consent otherwise or it is required by law, personal information can only be used or disclosed by us for the purposes for which it was collected. We keep personal information only if required to serve those purposes.
Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes is destroyed, erased, or made anonymous.
Heartland may internally share your personal information for the purposes identified in this policy with its employees, affiliates, or other related and affiliated companies in Canada or outside of Canada. Only such companies with legitimate business reasons will have access to your personal information and must ensure that personal information in their possession is securely held.
Here are some examples, but not limited to, where Heartland will not seek your consent for disclosure to outside third parties:
• Where there is a legal obligation to disclose personal information under a court or government order as for instance to detect or prevent illegal activity;
• Where personal information is given to our agents and service providers for services such as data processing of electronic fund transfers;
• Where the disclosure is of regulated public information.
Heartland has developed and implemented detailed retention principles and will ensure the destruction of personal information in a method that prevents improper access.
Upon request, Heartland will provide an explanation of its Policy with respect to the management of personal information. You can contact us with any inquiries or complaints or if you require further information.
The Heartland website links to a wide variety of other sites. We are not responsible for their privacy policies or how they treat information about their users.
Google Conversion Tracking