2.Take an English Language Course
At Heartland, English is what we do. We offer a variety of programs to help you improve your English including an IELTS preparation course.
3. Attend a Masterclass IDP Education offers free online masterclass webinars for candidates. These are useful whether you are new to IELTS or if you have sat the test before. More information and registration details can be found here.
4. Use your English everyday
A proven way to improve your IELTS band score is to practice your English every day at home, at work, or at school. This includes speaking English with your friends, watching and listening to English language programmes, reading English publications and practicing your written skills wherever possible.
5. Know what to expect
To familiarize yourself with the types of tasks included in an IELTS test, you may wish to consider taking an IELTS preparation course. This will help you:
Practice the type of task included in an IELTS test (e.g. Writing a short essay or letter for the Writing component.)
Get feedback and learn from your answers to practice questions
8. Official IELTS Practice Materials (two books available) can be obtained from your test centre or you can use the order form online at IELTSessentials.com/purchase
9. Rest and relax
Get plenty of rest the night before your test. Also ensure you are familiar with the venue’s location before test day do you can arrive in time.
During the test
1. Understand the task
Follow instructions carefully during the test. Remember that the Writing component of the test has specific word length requirements.
2. Allow enough time for each question
Some questions have suggested time limits for you to follow. Every test room will have a clock on the wall. Stay aware of the time during the test so that you can complete all the questions.
3. Stay calm enough to do your best
If you feel worried, take deep breaths to calm down. If you focus on the question and don’t rush your answers, you will be able to do your best.